Do you remember Junior High gym class? Our gym coach would choose two team leaders, and they would then proceed to pick the classmates they wanted on their team. Not being very athletic, I was always a little delighted and surprised when I was chosen. That's the way I felt when I was chosen by PlantPostings and A Rose is a Rose... for the Stylish Blogger Award.
Thank you, Beth and Masha. I am honored.
In receiving this award, I must choose to follow the rules, which are:
1) Link back to the person who gave me the award.
2) Share seven random things about myself
3) Award 5 to 15 new or recently discovered bloggers and notify them.
#1 - I've linked above (and here) to PlantPostings and A Rose is A Rose... blogs. They are both great blogs and I know you will enjoy reading them, if you haven't found them already.
#2 : about me
1) My favorite movie is "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". It always puts me in a good mood.
2) My closet is always in a horrible state of disarray.
3) I rarely spend money on anything, except the garden.
4) I can not resist ice cream if it is in the freezer. I will eat it until it is all gone.
5) Plants in the ground outside are pampered; plants inside are barely kept alive; plants in outdoor containers are always forgotten. I'm going to try to work on that this year. But I say that every year.
6) Midnight, the cat, exercises with me. I exercise to DVDs; she stretches. When I start the DVD, she always comes running.
7) I'm growing my hair out, but don't know what length I want it to be.
I've been thinking about this award. Since no one seems to know how it got started (I checked wikipedia), I was wondering about its merits. I feel like this was probably started for a couple of reasons. First, so other bloggers could find out a little bit more about the new bloggers. And second, and most importantly for the new bloggers, to have new bloggers reach out to other bloggers, in a sense of community. And help expedite their success. I hope the bloggers I award this to will accept this award and appreciate its merits.
And now, without further ado,
#3: The envelope please.
In no particular order, I am awarding the following 10 blogs The Stylish Blogger Award.
My Garden Diary by Kelli Boyles
Stupid Garden Plants
It's Not Work, It's Gardening!
The Garden State
Juggling and Jellies
Lincoln County Garden Girl