Do you remember Junior High gym class? Our gym coach would choose two team leaders, and they would then proceed to pick the classmates they wanted on their team. Not being very athletic, I was always a little delighted and surprised when I was chosen. That's the way I felt when I was chosen by PlantPostings and A Rose is a Rose... for the Stylish Blogger Award.
Thank you, Beth and Masha. I am honored.
In receiving this award, I must choose to follow the rules, which are:
1) Link back to the person who gave me the award.
2) Share seven random things about myself
3) Award 5 to 15 new or recently discovered bloggers and notify them.
#1 - I've linked above (and here) to PlantPostings and A Rose is A Rose... blogs. They are both great blogs and I know you will enjoy reading them, if you haven't found them already.
#2 : about me
1) My favorite movie is "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". It always puts me in a good mood.
2) My closet is always in a horrible state of disarray.
3) I rarely spend money on anything, except the garden.
4) I can not resist ice cream if it is in the freezer. I will eat it until it is all gone.
5) Plants in the ground outside are pampered; plants inside are barely kept alive; plants in outdoor containers are always forgotten. I'm going to try to work on that this year. But I say that every year.
6) Midnight, the cat, exercises with me. I exercise to DVDs; she stretches. When I start the DVD, she always comes running.
7) I'm growing my hair out, but don't know what length I want it to be.
I've been thinking about this award. Since no one seems to know how it got started (I checked wikipedia), I was wondering about its merits. I feel like this was probably started for a couple of reasons. First, so other bloggers could find out a little bit more about the new bloggers. And second, and most importantly for the new bloggers, to have new bloggers reach out to other bloggers, in a sense of community. And help expedite their success. I hope the bloggers I award this to will accept this award and appreciate its merits.
And now, without further ado,
#3: The envelope please.
In no particular order, I am awarding the following 10 blogs The Stylish Blogger Award.
My Garden Diary by Kelli Boyles
Stupid Garden Plants
It's Not Work, It's Gardening!
The Garden State
Juggling and Jellies
Lincoln County Garden Girl
I loved learning a bit about you, HolleyGarden. You are my kindred soul, my closet is a mess too, and I love ice cream, and my money mostly goes to the garden too (our water bills alone are sky high). I will go check out the blogs you listed...ReplyDelete
I too liked learning about you. I am growing my hair longer too. But summer will come and off it will go. And like you, on number 3, I don't spend much money either. I hate shopping for girl things, like clothing, shoes and no jewelry, ever. But get me in an Apple store and watch out. Lucky for me Apple computers last forever.ReplyDelete
Ha! I felt the same way when I received the award. You certainly deserve it! I can "smell" the lovely roses in your garden. Can't wait to see and read your next post!ReplyDelete
Thanks very much for awarding me the 'Stylish Blogger Award', very much appreciated. I like your write up about the award and your things about you (I can relate); I too was wondering where the award originated. All the best, Kelli.ReplyDelete
Masha - glad we have so much in common! I've enjoyed learning about you, too.ReplyDelete
GWGT - Apple stores! I try not to learn too much tech stuff. It all seems to change so frequently I can't keep up. But I agree - Macs are the best.
Beth - I can hardly wait for the roses to start blooming so I can write about them! Thanks again for the recognition.
Kelli - Your beautiful garden deserves to be seen. Have you fixed the feed on blotanical yet? It's an easy fix - even I did it! About the award, yes, it's just a mystery, but a fun one.