Friday, January 21, 2011

Seeds!

It's time to start seeds inside.  Cauliflower, broccoli, and tomato seeds can all be started indoors or in a greenhouse this month in our area.  It took me a while to find this information online, as Texas is a big state with several growing zones.  Finally, I found a planting list for East Texas.  The list is compiled on this blog in another page for convenience here.  Hope it is helpful to you.  I am also ordering sweet potato slips for delivery later in the season.

February is a big month here for planting vegetables, as well as March and April.  By July we are working on the fall garden!

Oh, beautiful, beautiful seeds.  The beginning of life.


Unfortunately, I've already missed some of the good days for planting according to the Farmers Almanac's Gardening by the Moon guide.  The next good days to plant are Jan 26th thru 28th.

Until then, my sweets!
"Though I do not believe that a plant will spring up where no seed has been, I have great faith in a seed.  Convince me that you have a seed there, and I am prepared to expect wonders."  - Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...